We now need your help....
Stage Theatre Society – one of the South East’s largest youth theatre groups – celebrated its 18th birthday in 2020. Having worked with over 700 young people on 50 musical productions, today’s STS is very different to the small group which started out in Bredhurst Village Hall all those years ago.
Daniel and Richard set out 18 years ago with a purpose of helping to enrich peoples lives through the arts, and has seen many of its members go on to perform professionally, both on and off of the stage. In addition we have built great confidence and friendships of the people involved, and have taken countless numbers of young people on theatre trips, residential weekends and even holidays abroad.
Every single of one of the adults working for the company, from directors and choreographers, to chaperones, committee members and chefs, are all volunteers, giving up every Sunday to offer young people the chance to take part.
Over the past 18 years we have enjoyed being self-sustaining, and have never been in a position where we need to ask people for help - 2020 has changed this.
We are reaching out to our past and present cast, crew, chaperones, parents, grandparents and friends to help secure the future of Stage Theatre Society for the years to come - building the confidence and futures of the people we work with.
Please join us in making that difference by helping to raise money for us. Every donation will help!
Thankyou so much in advance for your contribution - it means so much to us to be able to continue with the work that we do!
Daniel and Richard.
How can I donate?
- By kindly donating at our GoFundMe page - https://gf.me/u/y2sumr
- Some cast have very kindly donated their production fee for Oliver, securing the precarious future of STS. If you would like to do this, or part of, please indicate this in your email - and our sincerest thanks in advance – it really does mean so much to us!
- If you have purchased tickets with the Hazlitt for our recently cancelled production of Oliver! The Hazlitt may very well ask whether you would like to donate your ticket cost to STS to support our future endeavours. For those that are in a position to do so, we sincerely thank you for your kind generosity.
- If you work for a company that may be able to donate to our charity, please get in touch!
- If you work in the banking sector and operate a either a voluntary hours or matched giving scheme, please get in touch.
- We have registered with Amazon on their Smile programme. When you shop with Amazon, Amazon donates. It is a simple way to raise money for our charity. You will find that exact same prices, selection and shopping experience - but Amazon Smile will donate 0.5% of the sale to our charity. Please follow the link to get started.
Thankyou once again in advance for your kind generosity.